Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Greatest Fear About Going To The Gym

I'm ready to start my work out. I walk up to where all the machines are. I can smell sweat but it's not that stinky sweat smell. It's that new sweat smell full of pheromones you know. Maybe it's in my head. I scan the area. Can they tell that I'm not a regular? Are they judging me? It doesn't matter. I'm not here to look cute and it doesn't matter what they think I'm just here to get my sweat on. I never do the bikes It doesn't feel like working out to me. Too easy. It's either the elliptical or the treadmill. I think today is going to be a treadmill type of day. Unfortunately so it is for everyone else. There is one left though. OMG!!! It's right in between two really hot guys. O.k. Let's think about this. Do I really wanna make a fool of myself in front of them. I look at the elliptical and the last two just got taken. Treadmill it is. I don't pay the guys any attention. I'm shy believe it or not and usually run away or ignore or say something really dumb when a fine ass dude trys to holla. I know stupid right. Oh well what can I say I'm complicated.

So I step up on there. I check in on facebook on my phone because even though ain't nobody give a damn where I'm at I'm a facebook junky. I must document everything. After that I bring up my Pandora to listen to something upbeat. Something that is going to motivate the crap out of me. I usually start off with Kesha. I love her. I immediately start stepping it out. I'm silently mouthing out the words. My heart rate is going up. I'm sweating. I'm feeling really good. It's starting to burn in my legs. I'm moving effortlessly with the beat. I start to move my hips for that extra little something because my fave song is on. I'm bouncing with each step. I love to dance and It takes everything to keep from dancing on that treadmill. I need to be careful before I...OMG!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!

The most horribly embarrassing thing in the whole world that could possibly happen to me is happening. Time seems to slow down to add to my torment. I stepped wrong. Instant pain is shooting up from my ankle. I let out a cry as I'm slowly going down. My arms reach out trying to grab onto something. Anything to keep this from happening. I don't think I could ever show my face again if I don't stop this. But to no avail I cannot stop it. I'm going down. Hard too and as soon as I lost my footing and was falling I feel that I'm being shot back because I couldn't pull the emergency stop in time. The two hot guys rush to my side. Asking if I was alright. Helping me up. Everyone is staring at me. I tell them I'm fine and hurriedly grabbed my stuff and got the hell out of there.

No this did not really happen to me, but it is a huge fear every time I get on there. I would not be able to recover from that at all. I always seem to embarrass myself at anything I do. I laugh it off only because that's all I can do really. I remember one time while I was at Basic Training I had to do sit ups with this guy I thought was so cute. He had to hold my ankles. Well when I sat up I farted. He jumped up and was like " I'm not holding her ankles!! She is farting on me!!! Everyone was laughing their asses off while I just sat there. My Drill Sergeant of course made him keep holding my ankles and so he pulled his shirt covering his nose. I was like OMG like you have never farted before. I think I pretty much ruined all chances with that dude. But falling on the treadmill in front of a whole lot of people would be really embarrassing. I really hope that doesn't happen to me. I don't wanna have to go to a different gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment