Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dogs Can't Change Their Spots

I was talking to a friend of mine. She is an older woman and she had been with her old man for 18 years. He is her second husband. Well her old man just had a baby with another woman. A ghetto one at that. He goes and sees the "baby" everyday. She was talking about how it's been stressing her out to where she can't eat but she loves him. Then something came out of my mouth that made me stop and say to myself where is this advice when I'm going through my own issues. I told her that dogs can't change their spots and people don't change they just learn to lie better. You have to ask yourself are you happy with who he is? Or would you be happier to be with someone that will treat you better? That's the main question isn't it? Even though we try and try we can't change our significant other no matter how hard they try to. You either have to accept them or move on. It's better for the both of you. Like my bestie always says "You only have one life". You shouldn't spend that life trying to change someone. Your love for them isn't enough for the both of you. That person might very well love you too but it is hard to be someone that you are not. I'm not saying it's OK for people to treat people any kind of way I'm just saying don't be surprised every time you find out something that they've done. Especially after being with them so long I'm sure there were warning signs from the very beginning. Once a cheater is usually always a cheater. Not all cases but in the majority. Some people can make a mistake at a moment of weakness and together y'all can grow stronger to rise above it. Some people are always weak and they consistently make the mistake. If you can accept them for who and what they are then who am I to judge you for staying in the relationship. Do what you feel is right for you and makes you happy. It's one of those cases where you can listen to the advise of others but in the end it's going to come down to what you think is right. Personally I couldn't stand the constant lieing and playing detective. I've been through that and only lasted a few months. I just couldn't do it anymore. I had to get out or I would of been on that show snapped. That wasn't healthy for me. It wasn't healthy for my son to see that either. Life will throw us all kinds of challenges in our path for love. Just remember love isn't supposed to hurt.

2 comments: